Voting Result: 3.00716563988
Overview for Veni
Hi everyone, this is my project for this contest called Veni.
I'm a student in industrial design so I probably lack some engineering knowledge. The goal at this stage is to get some feedback so I can technically and visually improve the project. Here are my 3 main intentions :
- Arrow shape : I considered the possibility of urgent travel ( like an organ transfer ) so the weight on the front would make possible to propulse it in order to avoid wasting time for the take-off and getting the cruising speed.
- Cargo plug : The drone is open on the back so it gives an easy access to the cargo. It also can easily drop it during the flight thanks to the parachute in the rear of the cargo.
- Friendly : I tried to avoid the "Rocket" look by putting the accent on the "V" shape and placing the rotors on the front in order to cut the sharp nose.
Update 1 : ( 19/04/2016 )
- I have modified the wings to enhance the aspect ratio which is now around AR = 6.6 if my calculs are correct.
- The large wings allows to add more control surfaces.
Update 2 : ( 22/04/2016 )
- I filled the frame sheet to determine the real dimensions. It turns out that the AR is better than expected : 8.3 with a wing span of 4 meters.
Update 3 : ( 26/04/2016 )
- I added a tail wing for a better aspect ratio and more control surfaces. It is fixed to the main wings thanx to two arches, leaving the center free to drop the cargo during the flight.
Update 4 : ( 30/04/2016 )
- I developed the scenario and add some features on the cargo. It is made to be pulled by a person with two back wheels helping him. Also the front part is designed to be attached by a cable. This cable would be helpful when the drone can't land or we could also imagine a really heavy object being carried by 3 or more drones.