Voting Result: 2.86884493832
Overview for Automated Cargo UAV
We had the following guiding thoughts for our design:
- Maximizing SW. With the exception of calibrating rotors, there's no mechanical control with the plan. Everything is SW and digitally controlled.
- There is no rudder or servo facilitated function. Rotary movements are easier to maintain than gear and bar based movements. Adjustments and new function can be downloaded and will work via controlling the 6 engines.
- Operation is intended to be highly automated, human control is about tracking and exception handling.
- Paths need to be prepared, as system of flight corridors has to be explored and documented. Corridors have to be booked and maintained.
- An eco-system of services around contracting, accounting, insurance and asset management has to be introduced and integrated with flight operation.
- The plane has to have a friendly look, so people are not afraid and like to get in touch. Maintaining the UAV is like dealing with gardening equipment.
- Although loading is feasible from the ground, we see it more convenient from the top.