Brief for Elevated Mobility Concept Design
Our society is slowly becoming more accessible; adapting to people with different abilities. Extreme sports are adapting as well...but maybe not in the ways you would think.When something is considered accessible, it can be perceived as tamer or a little easier; soft around the edges. But adaptive sports are entirely the opposite. To participate in adaptive sports is to be rougher, tougher, faster, and harder. These athletes are breaking speed records for downhill biking and running faster and jumping higher in track and field. In many cases, it is the use of technology that gives these athletes a competitive advantage but it is also their spirit and fearlessness. In this Challenge, let's look at extreme sports with a fresh perspective to imagine new sports or competitive activities not currently designed for athletes of all abilities. We'll start this work with a Concept Design Challenge for a sporting device and rules for how it would be used.
Requirements for Elevated Mobility Concept Design
Your entry must include the following:
- High resolution imagery of your extreme adventure sport concept (JPG, PNG) at a size of least 1920x1080.
- Needs to be a mobility device, not a prosthetic
- Device must be non-powered and physically moved - this is a sweat/heart rate sport.
- Our focus on summer land sports. (No winter sports, no skydiving, parasailing, hang gliding, waterskiing, etc.)
- At a minimum the device & sport designed must be accessible to participants who full upper mobility and limited lower mobility (paraplegics).
- Mobility device concept art must include wheels or tracks and be specific to a land based adventure sports
- PDF Summary including:
- Detailed explanation of your sport concept defining who it is designed for, the rules for competition, and validating that it meets submission guidelines.
- Detailed explanation of the mobility device that you have concepted, including materials that it could be built from, technologies that it might incorporate, and any other details that might be relevant.
- Original concept imagery that you have created.
- Entries will be evaluated based on compliance with Challenge requirements.
- Innovation Awards will be reviewed by an Expert in their field and awarded to submissions that exceed expectations and push the boundaries of Engineering, Science, Mobility and Design.
Entries must be submitted in JPG or PNG format.
Start and submit your entry at any time to add Teammates. You can revise and modify your submission up until Saturday, February 24, 2018, 8 a.m. PST.
Once the submission period has ended, *new* submissions will no longer be accepted and the validation period will begin. During the validation period, Super Human Sports Project Managers and co-pilots will validate all submissions to ensure they meet Challenge requirements. Edits can still be made to your submission during the validation period, and we encourage you to make edits based on feedback from the Super Human Sports Project Managers and co-pilots. The validation period starts on Saturday, February 24, 2018, 8 a.m. PST and ends on Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Reminder, during the Validation period, you are allowed to revise and modify existing submissions to meet all requirements or optimize your entry.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
Entry list for Elevated Mobility Concept Design
Most Future Forward